Fragments - Learning English

Fragments - Learning English

Fragments: Fragments are incomplete sentences that lack a subject or verb. Or, if the sentence does seem to have a subject or verb, the subject and verb appear in a subordinate clause rather than the main, independent clause.
  • Swam in the ocean. (no subject)
  • Frank in the ocean. (no verb)
  • Frank swimming in the ocean. (not an independent clause)
  • Correction: Frank swam in the ocean.
Fragments are harder to spot when they are next to real sentences, but they are still fragments.
  • Frank went to the beach. Swam in the ocean.
  • Correction: Frank went to the beach and swam in the ocean.
  • It was the last thing I thought I'd see. Frank in the ocean.
  • Correction: The last thing I thought I'd see was Frank in the ocean.
  • There are a few things I hate. Frank swimming in the ocean.
  • Correction: There are a few things I hate. Frank swimming in the oceanis one of them.

Categories:
Similar Videos

0 comments: