Prepositions beginning with I

Prepositions beginning with I

One-word prepositions

in
  • Monkeys live in the jungle.
  • John is the man with his hand in his pocket.
  • I live in an apartment.
  • She lives in Bangkok.
  • Tara was born in 1977.
  • Trains were invented in the nineteenth century.
  • I'll come back in two weeks.
  • Let's meet in the morning.
  • There are 60 seconds in a minute.
including
  • The price is $70 including $10 for delivery. (Total = $70.)
  • There were four of us, including the baby.
inside
  • It was dark inside the tunnel.
  • My modem is inside my computer. It's an internal modem.
into
  • John went into that shop.
  • If you heat ice it turns into water.
  • We cut the cake into ten pieces.
  • Five into ten makes two.

Complex prepositions

in addition to
  • There were two people in addition to me. So that made three of us.
in between
  • He is in between the two opinions. He wants to compromise.
in case of
  • You can phone me in case of need. Day or night.
in face of
  • He reacts bravely in face of danger.
in favour of
  • I am not in favour of your idea. It won't work.
in front of
  • You can park your car in front of my house.
  • I couldn't see the film because the woman in front of me was wearing a big hat.
in lieu of
  • I don't have any dollars. Can I pay euro in lieu of dollars?
in spite of
  • We went swimming in spite of the cold water.
instead of
  • We don't have any tea. Would you like coffee instead of tea?
in view of
  • In view of your illness, we will wait for a week.
Categories:
Similar Videos

0 comments: